Google's official Google Voice app for iPhone has just hit the iTunes App Store.
- Access your Google Voice account right from your iPhone.
- Receive push notifications for new text or voicemail messages.
- Send free text messages to U.S. numbers and make international calls at cheap rates.
- Listen to your voicemail, read transcripts and manage your Google Voice inbox.
- Display your Google Voice number as caller ID when making calls.
- Call contacts from your iPhone Address Book or enter new numbers on the dialpad.
- A Google Voice account is required to use this app. To sign up go to www.google.com/voice.
- Google Voice is only available in the United States.
Wow, who thought we'd ever get to type those words? While the last bullet point is a bit of a bummer, there's no denying this ends one of the darker chapters of iOS and App Store history -- which included an FCC investigation and revealed the first cracks in what had previously been an Apple/Google love-fest.
If you're trying it out let us know how you like it and how it compares to GV Mobile and other 3rd party offerings.
Now where's the official Gmail app?