Apple updates Time Capsule, AirPort routers to fix AirPlay bugs
Apple released firmware updates for both the AirPort Wi-Fi router and Time Capsule router + hard drive combo today to version 7.5.2, in part to fix AirPlay bugs that prevented some users from properly streaming content from their iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to their Apple TV.
- General fixes to Wi-Fi base station stability
- General fixes with USB interoperability including connection to external storage devices
- Fixes some issues with NAT port mapping settings
- Disables TKIP security with 802.11n rates per the Wi-Fi Alliance specifications
Apple also updated the Airport Utility for both Mac and Windows to version 5.5.2.
- Resolves an issue that caused the DHCP settings tab to display incorrectly
- Resolves an issue that caused the application to quit unexpectedly when automatically launched
- Resolves an issue that prevented the network password from being stored in the Keychain when the network on the 5GHz band was named differently
Were you having any issues with AirPlay? If so, does the update correct them?
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!