How to untether the Verizon iPhone Jailbreak on iOS 4.2.7 via Sn0wbreeze 2.6.1
Jailbroken Verizon iPhone users on iOS 4.2.7 have been stuck on a tethered jailbreak until recently. Sn0wbreeze 2.6.1 will allow you to go from tethered to untethered quickly and easily. So if you used redsn0w to jailbreak your Verizon iPhone and you're currently tethered, hit the jump for a quick walkthrough on how to free your Verizon iPhone from its tethered state!
What you need
- Verizon iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.7 currently jailbroken via redsn0w
- Sn0wbreeze 2.6.1 via a Cydia download
- Launch Cydia on your iPhone and tap on the manage tab.
- You'll need to tap manage sources and then add the following source: http://cydia.pushfix.info
- Cydia will refresh your sources for you. Next tap search in Cydia and search for Verizon Untether for 4.2.7.
- Install the package and reboot your Verizon iPhone.
You can now enjoy being untethered on iOS 4.2.7! Let us know if you have any questions or how the process went for you in the comments. If you experience issues, you can always visit our TiPb jailbreak forums for help and the answers to many questions.
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!