How to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on iOS 6.0 or 6.1 with evasi0n
It's that time of year again, jailbreak time! The new evasi0n jailbreak is compatible with any device running iOS 6 or higher, including the just released iOS 6.1. Yep, even the iPhone 5 and iPad mini are supported and completely untethered.
If you aren't sure how to jailbreak using evasi0n, follow along and we'll guide you through!
Before starting, you'll need to download the evasi0n jailbreak software to your Mac, PC, or Linux desktop. Make sure you save it somewhere that you can easily access it.
Once you've downloaded evasi0n from the site, you can proceed on...
- Mac users will need to right click and then click open if you're running OS X Mountain Lion to bypass the built-in software security.
- Next Mac users will see another popup asking if they'd like to confirm they'd like to open the software from an unknown developer. Simply click on Open.
- evasi0n will now ask you to plug in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if you haven't already.
- It will now recognize your device. Now click on the Jailbreak button.
- Let evasi0n do it's thing. It'll then ask you to unlock your device and tap on the Jailbreak icon. Make sure you only do this one time. You'll find it somewhere on your Home screen.
- Give evasi0n a few more seconds and you're jailbreak should now be complete. Just click on the Exit button or close out evasi0n on your computer.
Remember, after a large release jailbreak like this, you may experience issues with Cydia running slow. This is very typical of a new jailbreak since the servers get hit hard. If you can't update Cydia or access everything right away, it'll pass as soon as the initial rush is over, which will leave you to enjoy your jailbreak once again!
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!