How to force websites to save passwords to iCloud Keychain in OS X Mavericks
Note: This feature does not appear to be available as of OS X Yosemite
Not all websites just let you save passwords to iCloud Keychain. Whether for privacy or security reasons, or simple technical misconfiguration, sometimes your best efforts to stay in sync across your Apple devices will be stymied... at least at first. Luckily, Safari can often let you save passwords even if the website itself tries to stop you. Here's how to do it in OS X Mavericks.
How to force save logins to iCloud Keychain in OS X Mavericks
- Launch Safari from the desktop of your Mac running OS X Mavericks.
- In the top menu bar, click on Safari and then Preferences.
- In the menu, click on Passwords.
- Under your list of passwords, check the box for Allow AutoFill even for websites that request passwords not to be saved.
That's it! Safari and iCloud Keychain should now save and fill in logins even for sites that have requested you not store them!
How to get more help with iCloud Keychain
If you have specific questions about iOS 7 or OS X Mavericks in general, check out our iOS 7 help and discussion forum or OS X Mavericks help and discussion forum. For more on Safari in specific, check out our ultimate guide:
- How to enable (or disable) iCloud Keychain on iPhone and iPad
- How to generate a password with iCloud Keychain on iPhone and iPad
- How to access and view passwords and credit cards stored in iCloud Keychain
- How to delete saved passwords from iCloud Keychain for iPhone and iPad
- How to manually add your credit card information to iCloud Keychain
- How to stop Safari from storing or autofilling passwords and credit cards from iCloud Keychain
- Forgot your iCloud Keychain security code? Here's how to change it!
- How to generate a password with iCloud Keychain in OS X
- How to manually add or remove credit cards with iCloud Keychain for OS X
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!